There is a possibility that you are considering to remodel your bathroom because you think that it is outdated. You might be tempted to just take out the tub on your own and just break down your tiles into small pieces but you have to remember that if you do not know anything about bathroom remodeling, then hire a professional to do it for you.
Central Ohio Area Call 419-512-1071
Choosing the Right Professional
Make sure that you choose the right professional installer to fix and remodel your bathroom for you. First and foremost, you must make sure that you are hiring the right professional by asking for the recommendation of people that you know. Your friends and family members may have hired the company that you are considering to hire. Check out reviews that you can readily view on the internet because this will help you a lot.
Now that you have already chosen the right professional installer that can remodel your bathroom for you, you can now focus on other things that you need. You have to focus on your bathroom design because if the design does not fit with the rest of your home, then your bathroom may seem off or it can be apparent that it is the only part of your home that is renovated.
The Design of Your Remodeled Bathroom
Want to make sure that you will nail the design of your new bathroom perfectly? Here are some tips that you have to remember:
The Right Fixtures Can Make A Difference
The items that you are going to place in the bathroom will change the way your bathroom looks. If you are going to choose toilet bowls and sinks that are mismatched, there is a big chance that your bathroom will only look tacky. Avoid this from happening by making sure that you choose elegant fixtures that will still fit your personality.
Choose the Right Flooring
Do you know that the tiles that you are going to place in your remodeled bathroom will make a lot of difference? You may want to invest on non slippery tiles to lessen your chances of having an accident while you are in the bathroom but consider how the tiles look like as well. Make sure that the tiles give you a better grip.
If bathroom remodeling also comes with bathroom re-sizing then you would have to consider the items that you are also going to place in the bathroom. If you are going to make your bathroom smaller, you may not have enough space for the bathtub that you have in mind. You may also want to consider if the fixtures that you are going to place are too small for your bathroom space.
Choose the Right Mirror
You may not realize it yet but choosing the right mirror for your bathroom can make or break the overall design of this important room. If you would choose a cheap looking mirror, this might reflect on the whole bathroom. No matter how expensive the other fixtures are, the mirror will bring the value of your bathroom down. The proper looking mirror can make a big difference with your bathroom though.
Consider Proper Lighting
Having just one light in the bathroom may have been common before but right now, the trend is to have different lights that can be opened in the bathroom depending on how you would want it to look like. Choose simple and elegant lights because this will create a lot of difference when you use different lights for your bathroom.
The above mentioned tips are just some simple things that you ought to remember. There are still other things that you can focus on that will surely create a whole lot of difference with the bathroom that you have in mind.
Counter Types and Costs
Here are some of the counter types you may want to have at home:
- Granite This is known to be the most expensive counter top that you can get. It is highly durable and you can be sure that cleaning this up will be an easy task to do. This costs about $50 – $60 per square foot.
- Tile If you are on a budget, you may use tiles as your bathroom counter top. Just make sure that you are willing to clean in between each tile as time goes by. This usually costs about $11 – $22 per square foot.
- Laminated There are also some laminated counter tops that you can choose if you would like something that is easy to clean that will not cost as much as other counter types. This usually costs about $25 – $40 per square foot.
If you would like to remodel your bathroom but you do not have a big budget, here are some things that you can do:
- Choose Slabs that are Imperfect You would need to choose slabs for your counter tops. There are some imperfect slabs that will still look great when placed on your bathroom counter. You can still find one that will look great in your bathroom especially if the imperfection can be covered by the sink that you are going to put. Choose colors that are not that common but are not that radical as well because they will cost less than very neutral looking slabs.
- Paint Your Walls If there are some parts of your bathroom that will not need that much tiles, then you may choose to paint your walls instead. Do remember to pick the right shade that will complement the rest of your bathroom so that it will not look off with the rest of your fixtures.
- Update Old Fixtures When you think of bathroom remodeling, do you think that you should purchase new fixtures immediately? Remember that you can choose to upgrade your old ones by redesigning them or just changing the way they look.
- Buy Used Fixtures One option that you may have is to purchase used ones that are still in good condition. You will surely have a grand time searching for old things that you can change.
- Be Economical Since you are already remodeling your bathroom, you may want to consider going green in the process. This can make a lot of difference to the environment and it can be helpful for your home as well.
With these things in mind, you now know that you do not need to have a lot of money in order to make a difference. Be creative and your bathroom can be remodeled the way you want it at the soonest possible time.